Latest Posts

Short&Sweet: Books that are Basically Comfort Food

By 21:00:00




I'm catching up on comments today - sorry about the delay lovelies!
My cat got sick and since I'm not home, my mum took him to the vet and they had to put him down.

So I'm really sad today, and I figured I'd share with you some of my favourite books to read when I'm in need of some comfort.


 

84, Charing Cross Road
An epistolary novel featuring the correspondence between the author Helen Hanff, and a bookshop in London. The letters are delightful and witty and wonderful.
Pride and Prejudice
Lizzie Bennett and Mister Darcy. What's there not to love? I've read it so many times that I just remember every scene and it just makes me really happy.
(My BFF hates this one though...)


The Wee Free Men
The Wee Free Men was my first ever Terry Pratchett book! Tiffany Aching is a young witch who allies herself with the Wee Free Men - "a clan of sheep-stealing, sword-wielding, six-inch-high blue men who are as fierce as they are funny."

Howl's Moving Castle
I've gushed about this one before - a girl gets cursed by a witch, and meets a wizard who is said to eat girls' hearts. There's a fire demon, a lot of magic, and wonderful storytelling.

Anne of Green Gables
Another childhood favourite in which orphaned Anne Shirley finds a new home. I love these because during the series you see Anne grow up from a young girl to an adult with her own family.

What do you read when you're sad? Do you eat your own weight in ice cream?

You Might Also Like

0 comments