Latest Posts

The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman

By 00:19:00 , , ,

Published: January 2015, Tor UK

In short: Working for the mysterious and powerful Library, Irene's time is spent collecting specific books from different alternate worlds. Together with new recruit Kai (cute and mysterious!), she is sent on a mission to a world with a high chaos infestation (which sounds like a really bad thing to be heading into).

So as soon as I read the synopsis (which was much more coherent than the one you just read or skipped over) for this my brain screamed 'Books! Espionage! Books and espionage!' so I had to read it.

Once I picked it up I couldn't put it down.


This book made me laugh - it gets serious in places but there's still that light-heartedness to it that I adore in a book. It's a safe feeling. It moves at a nice pace, the world-building is good, but the characters are what really made this story so lovely. Kai and Vale, for example, are interesting, well fleshed-out characters. But Irene is such a show-stealer. I mean, she is a librarian spy, and she likes a drink. Girl crush.

The Invisible Library is an enchanting, quick read, and a superb debut for Genevieve Cogman!


In case you're interested:
Get the Invisible Library on Amazon UK

You Might Also Like

0 comments