Latest Posts

Mini-challenge #1: Mix&Match

By 23:11:00 , ,


The idea for the first mini-challenge for Love-A-Thon is to mash-up something non-bookish (a hobby, a passion...) with my bookish life.
I was going to take a picture of the cinnamon rolls we baked today but... we ate them so let's scratch that.

Okay. So I collect postcards from places I've been to, and ones that have inspirational things written on them. I put them up on my wall and door so to remind myself to be happy of all the good times, and not to worry too much about the future.

Linking this into my reading, I actually use these cards as bookmarks. When I start a new book, I need to pick an appropriate bookmark, so my wall comes in really handy (I have this bookish belief that if I switch out bookmarks while reading a book, the book will start to hate me and then I won't enjoy it - all because of the wrong bookmark).
On the backs of these cards I collect quotes. Usually literary ones :) So when I have it holding my place in a book it can also remind me of other stories, and I can add any new quotes I come across to it!
I rearranged some of them just for you guys ;)


If you're interested the quotes above are:
- People can lose their lives in libraries. They ought to be warned. - Saul Bellow
- It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story. - Patrick Rothfuss
- A half-read book is a half-finished love affair. - David Mitchell
- What harbor can receive you more securely than a great library? - Italo Calvino
- A feminist is anyone who recognizes the equality and full humanity of women and men. - Gloria Steinem

So that's my little hobby. My friends laugh when I see a nice postcard and have to immediately go in and buy it but that's just me :)

Have you read any of these quotes before? I'd be very curious to know!

You Might Also Like

17 comments