Latest Posts

Conversations: Real life vs online friendships

By 19:00:00 ,

Conversations is an awesome meme you should be taking part in! There's a new topic every two weeks, and as always you can check out the Conversation meme over at Corralling Books!


Today's question is:

Are real life friendships different from the ones you have online?




Simple answer: yes.

I have some really wonderful, close friendships in real life. I can also say the same thing about my online friendships. But there is a difference: I feel like people in real life (apart from my besties) don't know the side of me that you see here on the blog or on twitter, at all. Which I guess actually means that you guys probably know me better than some of my real life friends. Funny, huh?

Sometimes it's easier to talk to people you don't see every day (or ever).

Speaking about things like my mental health isn't easy for me, but since I know my online friends are nice and supportive and all kinds of wonderful, I try to be more open about it. Every time I open up about it a bit more, you guys support me. You're making me brave in tackling topics that are really close to my heart, and I appreciate that so much! At the same time, I don't feel like I can do that in real life. Partially because social anxiety... but also because I'm afraid of being judged. I'm getting better at it though, and that is very much thanks to all of you being so lovely!

Wishing online friendships were real life ones

Do you ever get that? Wish you lived closer to your online friends so you could meet them? I keep thinking I need to travel more so I can meet *all* of you but sadly I'm a poor student. Some day!

What about you? Are your online friendships different from real life ones?

You Might Also Like

0 comments